Corporate Project Leader - Part-time, Flexible Opportunity!
Boston Cares is the largest volunteer mobilizing agency in New England, an Innovation Hub within the national Hands On Network, and a leader in the volunteer engagement sector. We build relationships with schools, nonprofits, and public programs and then we recruit, train and lead reliable groups of volunteers to serve their needs. Our year-round programs and seasonal service initiatives annually engage over 25,000 adults and children of all ages in meaningful projects that benefit people served by 150 community partners.
The Boston Cares Corporate Program serves our broader mission through Hands at Work projects. We offer a wide variety of service opportunities and focus on the revitalization, repair, and conservation of community spaces that lack the necessary resources to address these needs on their own. The project tasks can span from painting and beautification, landscaping and light carpentry, to food preparation, or working with youth in schools and community centers.
Hands at Work projects are led by experienced Boston Cares staff. However, we frequently need to supplement staff with trained and confident Corporate Project Leaders (CPL) for high-quality, high-impact, and effective days of service. CPLs serve as onsite points of contact for corporate projects ranging from 10 to more than 100 volunteers. While the main demand is assistance for larger service days, there will also be ample opportunity for CPLs to lead smaller project sites on their own.
- Greeting corporate volunteers and outlining the day’s activities and tasks
- Keeping the project organized and making sure the corporate group feels well utilized
- Ensuring volunteers have the tools, supplies, and instruction needed to complete tasks
- Floating throughout the day - to monitor progress, take pictures, and answer questions
- Addressing project issues as they arise including supply needs, poor weather, and volunteer injuries
- Assisting with project documentation including check in, surveys, project impact and photography
- Reporting back to Boston Cares on the successes and challenges of the project
- Weekday availability: Service projects take place during weekday work hours
- Attendance at a one-hour orientation and training
- Comfortable speaking in public and able to articulate the importance of the work at hand
- Ability to spend at least 6 hours on your feet
- 18 years of age or above
- All Corporate Project Leaders must pass a CORI background check.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED
- General knowledge and experience with painting, gardening, carpentry - or willingness to learn
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds of supplies and/or equipment
- Access to personal transportation preferred
Compensation is at $15 per hour, with opportunity for growth. Project dates, times, and locations vary. Individuals accepted into the Corporate Project Leader role have the option to select projects they'd like to workfrom a list of available opportunities.
Questions? Please email Henry Gulergunat email@example.com.
Boston Cares is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.