Since 1991, Boston Cares has been Greater Boston's leader for flexible, team-oriented volunteering for individuals looking to get involved on their own time. We annually deploy 3000+ service teams led by a cadre of over 150 trained and deeply committed Volunteer Leaders through initiatives addressing some of the most pressing issues facing our communities.
- Our signature Calendar Program engages individual volunteers to make an impact in the areas they are passionate. Each of our nearly 4,000 volunteers serves alongside at least 2 other Boston Cares members at over 200 monthly projects that equip adults to beat poverty, ensure young people succeed, and more.
- TeamWorks members volunteer together on a cycle of themed projects, through which they explore community issues and learn how to become more deeply involved.
- Our new Corps initiative prepares volunteers to become more effective tutors for adult English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes, adult basic technology training clinics, and school age students.
- Our Youth and Family Program engages families and young people through age-friendly Calendar projects, seasonal learn & serve opportunities, national days of service, and a Teen Advisory Council and Junior Teen Advisory Council.
- The Disaster Program engages volunteers in the basics of disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery through disaster-related training and opportunities.
For more information on how to volunteer for a greater Boston, email email@example.com.