Youth & Family Programs
Boston Cares Youth & Family Program engages families and young people through age-friendly Calendar projects, National Days of Service, and signature service-learning programs such as Learn & Serve and Teen Advisory Council. The Youth & Family program aims to provide opportunities for young people and their families to develop a love of volunteering and civic identity from a young age.
REGISTERING YOUTH VOLUNTEERS
Youth volunteers ages 13 & up are required to create accounts on our website and attend a new volunteer orientation and register independently. For more information on how to register, check out the 'Become A Member' portion of our website found under the 'Individuals' tab on the home page. We also ask that parent/gaurdians intending to volunteer alongside youth create accounts and become members with us as well.
To volunteer with young between the ages of 5 - 12, please email each child's full name, birthdate, and emergency contact informatino to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Youth & Family Coordinator will create an account for them on the back end of our system and register them for projects manually. When you identify projects you would like to participate in, please email the youth coordinator the name of the project, time and date, and the names of everyone participating. We ask that parent/gaurdians ensure that each project has enough open spaces for each volunteer who they wish to sign up and that the project is age appropriate for the group. For more information on identifying age appropriate calendar projects, please click here.
Check out the programs we offer below. Click on the name of the program for more information!
Programs for Ages 5 & up
- Many programs offered through our Calendar Program are youth friendly.
- goCreate is a monthly in-kind donation creation that takes place in the Boston Cares office.
- Boston Cares Signature Days of Service have projects friendly for volunteers as young as 5
- A group of teens meet through the academic year to design a project for Global Youth Service Day that aims to address a community need.
- Learn & Serve is a four-day service-learning program that immerses teen volunteers in service, education, and fun! Sessions occur during school breaks in February, April, and Summer.
- GenerationOn Service Clubs enable children and teens to take service into their own hands by creating their own service club with new or existing groups of youth.
- Boston Cares Signature Days of Service are great for groups! Check out the registration information for specific events for more information about group registration. You do not have to be a registered Boston Cares member to participate in our Days of Service.