Partner with Boston Cares: Community Partners
Boston Cares builds collaborative partnerships with nonprofits, schools, faith-based, government, and civic organizations to create real change through community involvement, volunteerism, and service. We are not the experts so we work with our partners to engage thousands of volunteers in meaningful individual and corporate projects for them to activate in our partners' community-based solutions. Our programs range from flexible small-group opportunities, to ongoing support, and large-scale hands-on projects. We aim to be responsive to our partner needs, and are committed to:
- Relationships that are built on transparency and trust, accountability, vulnerability and community-centered decision-making. This means collaborating with neighborhood groups and leaders who have deep roots and understanding of the current opportunities to participate in change, and taking their lead.
- The success of local neighborhood leaders, neighborhood specific organizations, and grassroots movements and their work, and understanding that they are vital and trusted partners in the work.
- Regular partnership check ins and feedback. We believe this is essential for true impact, because they are at the heart of the issues.
Examples of current and past partnerships include:
- Weekly teams of volunteers, led by a trained Volunteer Leader, support ongoing agency needs, such a donation packing and distribution.
- Large teams of corporate volunteers paint and landscape agency facilities, and install a custom mural in the entrance – with supplies, and skilled project leadership provided.
- Volunteers are trained to provide virtual phone support to seniors navigating needs for food and medications during the pandemic.
- Volunteers are trained, background checked, and commit to a regular schedule to support students (youth or adults) in accelerating their classroom learning.
- Teams of volunteers provide virtual or in-person engagement opportunities for youth – from STEM experiments to resume review.
As we navigate changing needs of the community, Boston Cares is working with partners to assess needs and determine how we can best partner. Don’t see what you need above? Reach out, we’re here to problem solve together. We don't want to assume how you wish to interact with us, so you are at the forefront for guiding our collaborative efforts. To enquire about becoming a Boston Cares partner, fill out the form here and someone from our staff will follow up with you!
Current Boston Cares Partners
Are You a Current Boston Cares Partner that wants to request a new project?