Allies for Immigrants: ESOL Corps Training
Join the Allies for Immigrants ESOL Corps!
Allies for Immigrants: English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Corps - a partnership with English for New Bostonians, supported by the Cummings Foundation
About the Allies for Immigrants: ESOL Corps
Allies volunteers are a part of a network of volunteers who share a passion for enhancing English skills for adult learners. Corps volunteers deepen their community engagement by committing to serve a minimum of twice a month through the Corps and attending skill building opportunities throughout the program year.
Volunteers serve at Allies for Immigrants ESOL programs in the following ways:
- Serve as a site lead and coordinate Allies for Immigrant volunteer tutors
- Become a lead citizenship class instructor or conversation group leader
- Facilitate a small group of students one day a week in an integrated ESOL/technology skills course
During the Training:
- Volunteers will receive an overview of the Allies for Immigrants ESOL Corps
- Volunteers will learn about the 12 ESOL program sites across the city, and become familiarized with their selected site
- Volunteers will participate in a preliminary ESOL tutor training to go over tips and tricks for working with English Language Learners
We are excited to welcome you to the Allies for Immigrants program!
Questions? Need more information? Contact the Commonwealth Corps Allies for Immigrants Program Coordinator, Ben Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: