BOSTON COVID-19 VOLUNTEERING
Boston Cares is partnering with the YMCA of Greater Boston to provide centralized volunteer recruitment and coordation to meet the emerging needs of the Boston community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below you will find a list of current needs that will be updated regularly.
If you are not already a Boston Cares member, you will first need to create an account here. All opportunities listed on this page are open to the public - the Boston Cares orientation is NOT required prior to signing up. If you are prompted to sign up for an Orientation, you can skip this step and return here to sign up for an opportunity.Once registered, click each yellow title to be taken to a page to sign up for a specific date and time. After signing up for an event you will receive an automatic confirmation email that includes specific address information for your project.
We are collectively taking all advised precautions to protect volunteers and community members, and we ask all volunteers to do the same. If you are feeling ill, or if you have had a fever or symptoms in the past 24 hours, please do not volunteer. If you knowingly have been exposed to COVID-19, please do not volunteer. All volunteer opportunities will be organized to meet social distancing recommendations, hand sanitizer will be provided, and interaction with residents will be minimized.
Packing Grocery Bags for Families and Seniors: The YMCA of Greater Boston is providing bags of food and hygiene products to Boston families and seniors in need of additional resources during this challenging time. Volunteers will support this effort by putting together grocery bags of items for delivery at two different sites on weekday afternoons 2:00-4:00 pm.
- Melena Cass YMCA - 120 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Free Meal Distribution: The YMCA of Greater Boston is providing free breakfast and lunch to all children 18 and under around the city during school closures due to COVID-19. Click a location below to be taken to a page to sign up for a shift. Volunteers needed weekday mornings 7:30am-12:30pm.
- Acadia Building - Chelsea - 242 Spencer Ave, Chelsea
- BHA Commonwealth - 35 Fidelis Way, Brighton
- BHA Mary Ellen McCormack - 7 Sterling Square, Boston
- BHA Tree of Life - 297 Centre Street #2, Jamaica Plain
- Dorchester YMCA - 776, Washington St, Dorchester
- East Boston YMCA - 54 Ashley Street, East Boston
- Egleston YMCA - 3134 Washington Street, Roxbury
- Huntington Avenue YMCA - 316 Huntington Ave, Boston
- Hyde Park YMCA - 1137 River Street, Hyde Park
- Oak Square YMCA - 615 Washington Street, Brighton
- Parkway YMCA - 1972 Centre Street, West Roxbury
- Roxbury YMCA - 285 Martin Luther King Blvd, Roxbury
- Salvation Army (Chelsea) - 258 Chestnut St, Chelsea
- Temple Emmanuel (Chelsea) - 60 Tudor Street, Chelsea
- Washington Beech - 4560 Washington Street, Roslindale
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help support our community during this difficult time! Please check back here for updates and new needs. For questions please reach out to:
Boston Cares - help with website sign up or account creation: email@example.com
YMCA of Greater Boston - help with food distribution events firstname.lastname@example.org.